Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Art blog post

I have a decent amount of experience with art and sculptures, in high school I took a few pottery classes. In these classes we had set projects in which we were to complete certain sculptures. Then in my advanced class we had a little bit more freedom and I was able to make any sculptures I liked. One of my favorite pieces I made was an abstract city scape, this was my favorite work because the final product was my best work. The piece featured a street with cartoon looking buildings leaning many different ways, infront of the buildings was a street with a car. When the piece was fired I painted it with many different colors not normally seen on any normal buildings. I think the reason I've always been interested with pottery is because its something that can take you away from everything. With art you can express yourself without words and I think this is why many people love art.






Pottery and sculpture has always been an interest of mine, yet I have not ever studied it or thought of it in a rhetorical sense like we will be doing with this next project. I figure looking at a sculpture like the ones we will be that it will not be much different aynalizing rhetoricaly then our first project. This because it is just interpreting something that an artist made, you must try and figure out what it is they want us to understand about their work. To fully understand an artist you must look into their work closley and try to figure out what their argument is in the work. Doing research on an artist helps a lot because their work usually has a certain style, the artist also put a lot of meaning in their titles. Looking at these things will help in discussing my piece and the authors argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment